Albergo Il Monastero (3 stars) prices and availability
Oppure prenota su Booking.com
Nights to remember, inside Ischia's Aragon Castle!
- Sleep in a monk's cell, inside Ischia's Aragon Castle
- The delicious Southern Italian and island cuisine
- The view of the sea and Ischia Ponte from the terrace
Why choose Albergo Il Monastero in Ischia
Treat yourself to the once-in-a-lifetime experience of sleeping inside the Castello Aragonese on Ischia by booking a room at Il Monastero, a former convent that retains its historic charm.
The guest rooms at Albergo Il Monastero are set in the ancient monks' cells and are simple but elegant and relaxing. The entire complex captivates guests with its mysterious air borne of centuries of history: rooms and terraces overlooking the sea lead to labyrinths of passageways, stairs, and corridors, and breathtaking views over the village of Ischia Ponte surprise at every turn.
Breakfast and Cocktails with a View
The generous breakfast is served on the panoramic terrace at Il Monastero. On this bright overlook guests can sample freshly baked treats in the morning, or admire the sunset over the sea in the afternoon.
Traditional Mediterranean Cuisine
In the evening, settle in for dinner at Albergo Il Monastero's restaurant, which delights with its variety of authentic island dishes and Mediterranean classics. Menus are based on quality, local ingredients chosen by season, freshly baked bread made in the island's wood-burning ovens, and vegetables from the Monastero's garden. Meals here are an experience to bed savored, and that make your vacation on Ischia just that much more special.
See what guests loved the most
- Monastery kitchen
- Sea views
- Superior rooms with terrace
- Transfers to/from Ischia
- Taxi boat to the island's principal bathing establishments
- Tickets to the thermal stations Il Negombo, Il Castiglione and Aphrodite
- Tour around the island
- Guided tours of Capri, Amalfi, Pompeii, Positano, Naples
- Car and scooter rental
- Plane, train and boat tickets
- Special rates at car park (500m from hotel)
- Outdoor facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Air Conditioning
- Hair dryer
- Room with private terrace
- Wellness treatments
- Food and drink
- Cocktail bar
- Reception 24h
- Car park
- Shuttle service (airport / city center / beach)
- Baby sitter
- Special rates at thermal parks
- Organizzation of excursions
- Car and scooter rental
- Luggage handling
- Not suitable for young children and the disabled
Guest reviews for Albergo Il Monastero
Locations - How to get to Ischia
Ischia, Castello Aragonese. Here, within the walls of the island's imposing Aragon castle, lies the former Monastery of S. Maria della Consolazione, which today houses Albergo Il Monastero. A hotel in which to experience not only Ischia's thermal water and the sea, but the history of the island too.
From the terraces, the view extends from the village of Ischia Ponte to the foot of the castle, and the port of Ischia, from where to board boats to the nearby island of Procida, Naples, Pozzuoli and, during the summer, Sorrento, Capri and the towns of the Amalfi Coast.
Ferries to Ischia (updated 2023 prices and schedules)